I'm bullding a larger django project and I'm starting to implement
cookiecutter django after reading through "2 Scoops of Django" but still
have some questions on structuring a project.

I've setup my project, we'll call it 'business_proj'. In business_proj I
started an app called 'accounting' this might have an accounting dashboard
for users in the accounting security group. Now, what if I want to have
apps that belong to accounting, such as 'invoices' and 'purchase_orders'?
Should I create those apps inside my accounting app? Or should I create all
my apps in the main project root? The way I've started doing it is creating
child apps inside of their parent apps but some parent apps are so big that
even this gets messy.

ie.

my_project/
    config/
    docs/
    accounting/
        invoices/
            __init__.py
            admin.py
            models.py
            urls.py
            views.py
        purchase_orders/
            __init__.py
            admin.py
            models.py
            urls.py
            views.py
        __init__.py
        admin.py
        models.py
        urls.py
        views.py
    engineering/
        products/
            product1/
                sub_product1/
                    __init__.py
                    admin.py
                    models.py
                    urls.py
                    views.py
                __init__.py
                admin.py
                models.py
                urls.py
                views.py
            product2/
                __init__.py
                admin.py
                models.py
                urls.py
                views.py
            __init__.py
            admin.py
            models.py
            urls.py
            views.py
    requirements/
    utility/

it gets messy especially under 'engineering' since there are so many sub
apps and sub levels in the engineering app. I dont really want to have all
the apps just under the main project through because by the end of the
project there could be over 100 apps and I'd like a way to keep everything
somewhat organized so as to not drive myself insane.

Is there a better way to do this? Or are there any pitfalls I need to watch
out for doing it this way? Would it be better to simply make an
'engineering' folder (not module) in my project and store all the
engineering related projects in that folder?Thanks

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/10df460f-5f8a-4087-93de-dc96809b32bf%40googlegroups.com.