On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 1:38 PM Jack <valachio...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On my HTML page, I have a list of Agent's (Agent is my custom User
> model).  Beside each agent is a 'Send Invite' button.  To create a
> `TeamInvitation`, I need to specify which Agent is attached to its
> `receiver_agent` field (a OneToOneField with Agent)
>
> There are multiple Agents displayed on the HTML page, and they are listed
> in order with template tags.  I need to input something after `pk` at
> `receiver_agent = Agent.objects.get(pk = ???)`, but I don't know what to
> input.
>
> *views.py*
>
>     class InviteAgentSearchResults(ListView):
>         model = Agent
>         form_class = AgentSearchForm
>         template_name = 'invite_agent_search_results.html'
>
>         def get_queryset(self):
>             # ... Code to find correct list of agents
>
>         def post(self, request, *args, **kwargs):
>             invite = TeamInvitation.objects.create(receiver_agent =
> Agent.objects.get(pk = ???))
>             return HttpResponse('Invite successfully sent.')
>
> *HTML:*
>
>     {% for agent in agent_list %}
>     # ... Some code here
>
>             <form method="post">  # The "Send Invite" button
>                 {% csrf_token %}
>             </form>
>     {% endfor %}

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/bd0439e2-7fdd-4f7c-b6ce-4847d4a877c8%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/bd0439e2-7fdd-4f7c-b6ce-4847d4a877c8%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

It seems to me that the quickest thing would be to make each agent a
separate form.

Alternatively, you could set up some JavaScript:

Add the agent.id to a hidden input,  separated by commas, and have that
hidden field submitted via the form

Then on the backend separate out each ID and have the invites sent one by
one. I would be happy to write some code if you wish.

Adam F. Simon, PhD
Calabasas, CA.

cell:      818-425-3719
home:   818-880-8405