On 14/12/2017 11:14 AM, Udit Vashisht wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I am new to python and django. Will have to google a lot to understand your solution :-)

Look at models.ForeignKey ...

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/models/fields/#foreignkey

When you add a foreign key field to a table, the Django Admin form offers a choice of all the values from the table you specify.

If you are writing your own forms this might help ...

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5104277/field-choices-as-queryset

A custom command just needs to follow a specific pattern and contain functions with specific names so the command can be executed like python manage.py fetch_web_values

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.0/howto/custom-management-commands/

Cheers

Mike