The error stack or explanation you have given is very hard to understand
the problem.

I guess the *name* you mentioned is *MIGRATION_MODULES[app]*. Within your
code you are assigning *MIGRATION_MODULES[app] = None*

So I would suggest to add a check like *if name and name.startswith('.'):*

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/0b68dd64-6d60-4d5a-8e9b-26e3c2b70ebb%40googlegroups.com.