I want to have some sort of SingleSignOn for my application and a forum
based on askbot (also Django).
I built a REST API to get the session from my application and want to
replicated and also get the user from inside askbot.

This kind of works, but i cannot decode the session inside the forum.
AFAIK Django uses the settings.SECRET_KEY for jobs like this. I set the
same key in both applications, but as soon as Django tries to validated the
sessions data with its hash, it will compute a wrong hash and discard the
data.

So whats needed for 2 Django apps to actually be able to have the same
hashing methods?

Bot applications are powerd by Django 1.11.11 and have the same secret key,
but it looks like im missing another ingredient.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/519efedc-e849-4a73-9376-afffa2344af3%40googlegroups.com.