Hi Bernd,

A bit of this "k anbd drag lines up and down to reposition them" is done by
jQuery UI, in its "Draggable" functionality:
https://jqueryui.com/draggable/#sortable

Not sure if that helps, though, 'cause you could provide functionality to
reorder using plain JS, just reordering divs around moving the DOM around.

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 6:54 AM, Bernd Wechner <bernd.wech...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hmmm, my next problem.
>
> I envisage a widget which is kind of like a HTML textarea, but basically
> each line would hold the name of a field say, and I'd like a user to be
> able to order the lines, not change the text. Basically click anbd drag
> lines up and down to reposition them.
>
> I've poked around for HTML widgets for a bit now and find my main handicap
> is I'm not even sure how to describe this in terse search terms.
>
> I know I've seen such widgets in practice - I didn't invent the idea ;-) -
> but have till now never needed one and suddenly I'm left wondering if there
> is one out there somewhere, and/or how I'd go about finding one. No real
> desire to try and build one with javascript right now, not least given I'm
> confident it exists already and I just don't know what it's called, how to
> describe it well or find it and well, DRY, I don't like spending my time
> recreating widgets that exist already. Not a priority.
>
> Does anyone here have any experience? Places tom look, terms to use in
> searching for one?
>
> Regards,
>
> Bernd.

> msgid/django-users/5ce7a37d-c5c1-4460-84a9-cb8974a86a6a%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/5ce7a37d-c5c1-4460-84a9-cb8974a86a6a%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

*Julio Biason*, Sofware Engineer
*AZION*  |  Deliver. Accelerate. Protect.
Office: +55 51 3083 8101 <callto:+555130838101>  |  Mobile: +55 51
<callto:+5551996209291>*99907 0554*

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAEM7gE1mJauZfCt9hDV%2BeU%2B28WC-%2BCd54EK0QVw1mfd02-OA9A%40mail.gmail.com.