Hello,

I'm currently implementing a django-based project that features users and
user groups. The two are connected by a ManyToMany relationship.

Using the generic django helpers (ModelForm, UpdateView, CreateView, ...) I
would like to be able to edit this many to many connection from both ends
through a ModelForm. I.e. when editing a user, I want a multi-select field
of all groups; and when editing a group a multi-select field of all users.

I have found the following solution to make this work:
https://stackoverflow.com/a/9341455/8572938
It appears to be working fine for me, but I'm not sure if this will give me
a headache later on.

I'd appreciate any comment from more experienced django developers on
whether or not this is a good approach.

Thank you very much in advance,
Bernhard

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/981776cd-53d1-43ad-aa3e-e80c3446e796%40googlegroups.com.