On 12/6/06 9:04 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I'm looking to manage site configuration data through an administrative
> interface, such as changing the header graphic of my site. In my
> pre-Django days I would have loaded a text configuration file's
> contents into form fields, and the save would overwrite it.
>
> I could create a model and then only have one row, but that seems
> clunky.
>
> Any ideas?

The way we usually do it -- for our news sites, so YMMV -- is with some sort
of SiteConfig object.  We give it a ``date_effective`` field along with all
the site configuration options we need. We can then get the latest SiteConfig
based on the date effective (from a template tag or a context processor,
depending), and use that throughout the site.

Jacob