Thank you so much for your help, Melvyn.
With your help I managed to the the code running :)
Here it is, if somebody should find it helpful.

cheers, Mikkel

>From somewhere, e.g. models.py
# The list of model names (just add your model names to it)
def GetItemNames():
    return [ 'Year', 'Vintage', 'Region', 'Location' ]

# The generator of paths
def GetItemPaths():
    paths = [ ]
    for i in GetItemNames():
        m = apps.get_model('items', i)
        paths.append(path( 'list/'+i+'/' ,         ItemListView.as_view(
model=m),      name=i+'_list'   ) )
        paths.append(path( 'create/'+i+'/',        ItemCreateView.as_view(
model=m),    name=i+'_create' ) )
        paths.append(path( 'update/'+i+'/<pk>/',   ItemUpdateView.as_view(
model=m),    name=i+'_update' ) )
        paths.append(path( 'delete/'+i+'/<pk>/',   ItemDeleteView.as_view(
model=m),    name=i+'_delete' ) )

    return paths

>From urls.py:
from . models import GetItemPaths
urlpatterns = GetItemPaths() + [
    path('/to/some/other/views/'    otherview.asView(), name='other_name'),
]

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/72b5c5e6-b07d-41b8-a9b5-6a471ffe65cd%40googlegroups.com.