Hello, I'm simplifying a previous post. I just started using Django a few
months ago, and for some reason I'm still having trouble getting my mind
around the way Django thinks about some things.

I have a test class that contains two specific tests that always pass when
run just by themselves, but always fail when run with the rest of the test
class.

One of the tests in particular is very puzzling, because I can step through
the entire method under test and watch everything happen exactly the way it
should--the database field values are changed correctly and the correct
values are returned. But after the return statement, the values are
different than they were before the return statement. They are consistently
different, so *something* is happening behind the scenes... but I have no
idea what... So I can't tell if my tests are flawed or if my code under
test is flawed.

Django 2.0 with MS SQL Server 2014. Any suggestions at all appreciated,
because I'm completely out of ideas. I haven't been able to get
TransactionTestCase to work at all, though--set-up data that works
flawlessly with TestCase breaks TransactionTestCase, and I don't know why.

Thank you!
Heather

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/72497524-6c76-41de-ba70-a5b0996335dd%40googlegroups.com.