you dont need sockets , you can make the weight program scan inputs every n
seconds .. or you can program it to be an event hundler to any  change in
unputs

start with weight program , design it the code it . test untill you
satisfied .. now you can do the connection with backend in many ways ..

you can make your program connect to the same database that your django has
access to it

you can record in csv or json files and send them to django as Tom
mentioned maybe try to use django rest for hundling json requests and

also you can make the program embedded in your backend django as a module
or a script

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAHV4E-fKY1bA5RD7b13zOw%3DqsjGv6AiVFiisV5r2siDfD-nG_Q%40mail.gmail.com.