Thank you Melvyn for your time and response. Regardless of what I call the
first parameter, shouldn't HTTP_COOKIE be in it? But yes, I am having some
confusion about wsgi and django and maybe I am mixing tutorials/information
I have found at different sources.

I have had to reach out to other sources, perhaps the information I
provided at the following link can help us figure out what I'm doing
completely wrong:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.lang.python/s47xpBs1714

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/85d9eb88-0bfd-44e7-8ff5-516d2d928a0f%40googlegroups.com.