On 12/7/06, MerMer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Ok... First off - Russell wakes up and realizes the mistake he made.
Note to self - don't answer email with an unhappy 7 month old in your
lap. :-)

I'm not sure which dark corner of my brain 'c.response' came from, but
it was a bad suggestion - that attribute doesn't exist. I think I was
aiming for 'c.content', but that wouldn't be correct, either
(although, it would be interesting to see the value of 'c.content'.
Try:

c = Client()
response=c.get('/promotions/',)
print response['Location']

This should give you the location you are being redirected to.

> set this up via the URL conf and then tried again.  Same results as
> before.

Ok - you've given me little bits, and a vague set of instructions of
what you might have done, but not enough to replicate your problem.
Keep in mind that I don't have the problem you have, so you need to
help me help you. Giving me little bits of snippets of code, and
helpful hints like "I think I had failed to import everything" doesn't
help me replicate your problem.

What I need is a _complete project_ that exhibits the problem - that
means a model, view, URLpattern, settings, and complete execution
instructions.

Don't just send me your entire multi-view, multi-model application,
either. Send me a test case - the smallest project you can build that
exhibits the problem you are observing. I don't want to spelunk
through thousands of lines of code to try and work out which two lines
from your project are causing the problem. Again - help me help you.

Also, speaking from experience - the process of building this minimal
subset project quite often reveals that the actual problem is some
silly typo that you didn't spot, so it can be a valuable debugging
tool.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)