On 12/8/06, leanmeandonothingmachine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I did want to use flatpages but can't for the 2 reasons in my orginal
> post, unless I'm wrong about those limitations, in which case flatpages
> would be perfect.
>
> I understand about urls being a collection of patterns, but I don't see
> how I can make a pattern that fits when I won't have a set parent.
> Since some urls will need to be served by a different app... Unless I
> just put a catch all at the end so if it doesn't fit any of the above
> it will default to an app that will sort out wether to serve a page or
> show 404.

Thats exactly how I would do it. The catch_all_view would check the db
for a matching url in the url field and then do one of three things:
1. Return a HttpResponce - a simple page
2. Call another (complex) view which returns a HttpResponce
3. return Http404 if there is no matching url in db.

Remember views are just normal python code so you can do pretty much
anything you want as long as you eventually return an httpresponce

--
----
Waylan Limberg