Okay, your URL should point to your CategoryListView.  That should have
category_list in its context.  And the template should in the category_list
template.

From: django-users@googlegroups.com [mailto:django-users@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Jay
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2018 10:28 AM
To: Django users
Subject: Re: Printing model fields organized by category

Thanks Matthew, here is my views.py file:

from django.shortcuts import render #generates HTML fiels using a template and
data
#from django.http import HttpResponse
from .models import Book, Author, BookInstance, Genre, Model, ModelInstance,
Category, Ownership, Manufacturer, Location #imports model classes to access
data in views
from django.views import generic

# Create your views here.

#def index(request):
#    return HttpResponse("Hey")

def index(request):
    """View function for home page of site."""

    #Generate counts of some of the main objects
    num_books = Book.objects.all().count()
    num_instances = BookInstance.objects.all().count()

    #Available books (status - 'a')
    num_instances_available =
BookInstance.objects.filter(status__exact='a').count()

    #The 'all()' is implied by default.
    num_authors = Author.objects.count()

    #Num visits to this view, as counted in the session variable
    num_visits = request.session.get('num_visits', 0)
    request.session['num_visits'] = num_visits + 1

    context = {
        'num_books': num_books,
        'num_instances': num_instances,
        'num_instances_available': num_instances_available,
        'num_authors': num_authors,
        'num_visits': num_visits,
    }

    #Render the HTML template index.html with the data in the context variable
    return render(request, 'index.html', context=context)

class BookListView(generic.ListView):
    model = Book

class BookDetailView(generic.DetailView):
    model = Book

class ModelListView(generic.ListView):
    model = Model

class ModelDetailView(generic.DetailView):
    model = Model

class CategoryListView(generic.ListView):
    model = Category

class CategoryDetailView(generic.DetailView):
    model = Category

from django.contrib.auth.mixins import LoginRequiredMixin

class LoanedBooksByUserListView(LoginRequiredMixin,generic.ListView):
    """Generic class-based view listing books on loan to current user."""
    model = BookInstance
    template_name ='catalog/bookinstance_list_borrowed_user.html'
    paginate_by = 10

    def get_queryset(self):
        return
BookInstance.objects.filter(borrower=self.request.user).filter(status__exact='o').order_by('due_back')