I am following the tutorials from the Dajngo book. At chapter four, i
am first getting the following error after runnning
>>>from django.template import Template
in the python shell.

environment variable DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE undefined

Next i tried to fix this by adding a Windows system variable:

variable:  DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE
path:      c:/temp/mysite  (this is where my project lives)

Now after running the above command I get the following errors:

raise EnvironmentError, "Could not import settings '%s' (Is it on
sys.path? Does it have syntax errors?): %s" % (self.SETTINGS_MODULE, e)
EnvironmentError: Could not import settings 'c:\temp\mysite' (Is it on
sys.path? Does it have syntax errors?): No module named c:\temp\mysite

I tried adding the path to mysite to the sys.path of python.

>>>import sys
>>>sys.path.append('c:/temp/mysite')

This appends the directory to sys.path, but it does not save it I to
the path module I guess. The next time I imported sys, it was gone
again. How do I do this. Will it solve my problem?

Thx