I have a problem with the development server not serving static files.
I configured everything as explained in static_files.txt (I also have
read all the postings here about the subject)  but it still will not
serve images or stylesheets.
The strange thing is I do not get  404's anymore since I configured
things the way it should be done. So I started debugging .. Then I
noticed the file views\static.py (where django.views.static.serve
lives) isn't byte compiled !? So obvious something is very wrong with
my cvs checkout (downloaded two weeks ago). Specs: Python 2.4 , Windows
XP Pro ,  Django cvs checkout on 29-11-2006,
(r'^my_media/(?P<path>.*)$', 'django.views.static.serve',
{'document_root':
'N:/MyProjekts/PythonProjects/Djangosite/Mydjango/my_media'}), .
 Does one of the devs perhaps know what is wrong here. With
Apache-modpython everything works fine but I want to do development
with the development server. Thanks in advance.

G.J.Souverein