This is going to sound like an odd question, but I'm hoping people will
have some ideas.

I teach CS in a high school, and next semester my lab is going to be
replaced with a thin client lab running on Ubuntu. My seniors and I are
working on a Django project and will all be trying to run the
development server on different clients of what is, for all practical
purposes, the same box.

I've identified two potential problems:

    * everyone will need to be assigned a port number to use (I'm
        thinking 8000 + n, where n is the computer number in the lab)

    * we'll need to set up separate test databases for each developer
        (not sure how to do that so that Subversion doesn't get annoyed
        at having settings.py changed every 2 seconds, yet, but I'll get
        it)

Are there any other gotchas that people can think of offhand?

I have some time over break to try to get some infrastructure in place
to forestall potential problems, so any heads-up anyone can give me
would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Todd