Hello, everybody

I am using Django 2.1 with MariaDB 10.3.
I have been trying to get the 'dwithin' lookup to work on a PointField, but
I keep getting the following error:

  File
"/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/contrib/gis/db/models/lookups.py"
, line 74, in get_rhs_op
    return connection.ops.gis_operators[self.lookup_name]
KeyError: 'dwithin'

(To be more precise, I am using this filter backend from a library
<https://github.com/djangonauts/django-rest-framework-gis#distancetopointfilter>,

which generates the lookup for me.)

Looking at the docs, I get conflicting info:

* this section
<https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.1/ref/contrib/gis/db-api/#distance-lookups>
 says "Availability:
PostGIS, Oracle, SpatiaLite, PGRaster (Native)", implying 'not available on
MySQL'
* this other section
<https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.1/ref/contrib/gis/geoquerysets/#distance-lookups>
 says
MySQL support was added on Django 2.0

I could switch to PostgreSQL as a last resort, but maybe I'm just
forgetting some configuration? Are the distance lookups available for MySQL
or not?

Best regards,

Clara

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/e1452b84-a33f-4121-a329-1aa03f818bf0%40googlegroups.com.