The server that is hosting the site. The one you're trying to FTP onto.
Your quality of life will be greatly improved if you can SSH onto the
machine rather than using FTP, because the actual server software that
hosts Python processes usually needs to be restarted. It's unlikely (but
not unheard of) that you have anything like CPanel controlling a Django
instance. It's *probably* going to be GUnicorn or uWSGI, but there's a half
dozen options on that front too.

I know that all sounds really wishy-washy, but I don't want to mislead you
accidentally. The overall architecture isn't that different from a PHP app,
but you might not recognize the configuration and file server technologies
being used. The further along you get, the easier it'll be for people to
figure out what's going on and help you at least figure out what files need
to be changed.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CA%2Bv0ZYWmL5FYdhAi63Jx_RKNevEU6CySJWD3SsEZwMnbni14pg%40mail.gmail.com.