I feel I have to disagree, and the reason is the point of the tutorial is
to show you the basics with the various parts of django, and you're
creating a data set as you go along.

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.1/intro/tutorial02/#playing-with-the-api
shows you how to use the ORM to create a new question
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.1/intro/tutorial02/#explore-the-free-admin-functionality
 shows
you how to use the admin to create and edit questions
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.1/intro/tutorial03/#writing-your-first-django-app-part-3
 shows
you how to make templates to list questions and show a specific question

That's all from data you're creating in the second step.

What do you feel you would get from having a data set provided as an
example over the process above?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/b749246d-1ce0-40ba-9b8f-31ce222c8ef7%40googlegroups.com.