There is a better way in django.

Django provides admin panel for the admins, you just have to create one
account for the admin as superuser. Email needs to be sent manually which
can be done immediately after the form is validated.
User model has "*is_active*" flag that can be used to limit access before
the user is authorised by the admin. You will have to create an additional
page to accept or discard the registered user.

If you dont want to use default admin panel, you will end up writing CRUD
for the admin panel. Workflow will still be the same as above.

Regards,
Chetan Ganji
+91-900-483-4183
ganji.che...@gmail.com