Thanks for the feedback. I guess I was thinking that since Daphne is the
"reference server" for ASGI, that it would have features available for
production type use. I only came across WebSocket stuff yesterday so this
is all quite new. I suppose my remaining issue is that SSL certificates
seem to only (usually) accessible by root, so in any situation it seems
that Daphne can only terminate SSL when running in root, unless permissions
on the private key are changed.

I'm looking into the nginx reverse proxy with SSL termination at the moment.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/c3a5b984-d625-4fc4-a792-22d48cb4d3a8%40googlegroups.com.