Greetings,

Django can do all the file handling internally. You can create a model
(database) with a FileField() as Kayode suggested. Using a CreateView class
you can allow users to upload files from an input form. The model does not
store the actual files. It stores a file path to where the file is located.
You control where the file is stored in settings.py. Here is a link to a
blog post that gives a high level overview of file handling -
https://www.caktusgroup.com/blog/2017/08/28/advanced-django-file-handling/.

I recently created an app that allows users to upload images along with geo
coordinates. The app then displays the images on a map. Django handles all
the upload/download. I did need the Dropbox app because I'm storing the
images on Dropbox.

Hope this helps!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/ed3c7ae8-79d8-49a4-87d2-f03960baee9c%40googlegroups.com.