Till now I only know about one thing is that is sending emails not about
how you will be going to read them but I have suggestion for this also. For
sending email you need to configure smtp/email in your settings file
like so
EMAIL_BACKEND = 'django.core.mail.backends.smtp.EmailBackend'
EMAIL_USE_TLS = True
EMAIL_HOST = 'smtp.gmail.com'
EMAIL_HOST_USER =
EMAIL_HOST_PASSWORD =
EMAIL_PORT = 587

These are for gmail you type your user and password of the gmail from which
you want to send the emails .

django.core.mail with this package
You can send emails search this and you will find it docs.

You might need celery support for send emails as python has sync
architecture.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/a9918a16-be4d-4f92-b225-2b158353cf92%40googlegroups.com.