I think there might be something wrong in your .py extension to
python.exe linking in Windows setup.  Specifically it seems like your
python script is working but the arguments after the first one is not
being passed on.  Did you have %* at the end, like this?

"D:\Python24\python.exe" "%1" %*

HTH,
Alex