Hi,

I'm coming from a java world, where there exists different scopes for
objects: application-, session-, request scopes all define different
lifecycle for objects. I have some difficulties in finding an equivalent
approach in Django.

Here's the need: my project stores its custom configuration in the
database, for persistence; these parameters can be changed by an
administrator only, through a custom view/form. However, those parameters
are used in many views in the project, in read-only mode. So my idea would
be to have one single object, that stores the parameter values, that is
initialized when the application starts, that can be read at any time
without requiring reading from the DB, and that, when modified by admin,
would be saved to the db. How to plug this in the django architecture?

Thanks a lot

Jean-Noël

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/561f5fa3-ff6b-4da2-ba0d-4dd82178478b%40googlegroups.com.