I just upgraded from Django 2.1.3 to 2.2.3, at which point collapsible
elements in the admin interface stopped working. I’m using IE11, and in the
console I see the error “object doesn't support property or method
'matches'”, with a reference to line 35 of collapse.js in the admin
package. I did some research and I found that IE11 doesn’t support the
“matches” function, so I just modified the admin base template with a
polyfill to get things working on my machine. But the collapsible elements
were working fine with my old version of Django on IE11, so it looks like a
polyfill (or something) was removed in the most recent Django version. Does
anyone know what might have changed? If something was changed, I think this
is a bug – we shouldn’t have to modify the templates in the admin package
to use IE11.

This is my first post. Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

Paul

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAP-Fw1EC3t-%2BR86BWsJ0SvLUg1-45epCQPZzY4H6Kg2tXJtYnQ%40mail.gmail.com.