On 26/07/2019 12:37 pm, yaba koba wrote:
Hi everyone I started Django almost 1 years ago and I like this framework and I make small blog projects with using (django + boostrap4, nginx + gunicorn) but I would like to make a professional website for the town hall from my small town with django.
My question is: What are the fundamentals for making a site like this?

0. PostgreSQL, Python 3
1. Security to prevent hacking*
2. CAPTCHA to prevent automated posts
3. Sensible error pages with good advice for the users if they encounter predictable problems
4. Logging to capture errors
5. Email infrastructure to (at least) email errors to you
6. Mailing lists for stakeholders, devs, managers, users
7. The usual continuous integration mechanism(s)**
8. Nice plan for backups, database dumps, encryption if necessary
9. A duplicate site for staging and testing and maybe restoring production backups***
10. The ability to roll the site back to a previous version if necessary
11. User documentation or brilliant user interface not requiring docs
12. Good design for user authentication/registration/permissions assignment
13. Plan for site business control and management, perhaps moderation of posts
14. Plan for growth and funding growth of infrastructure

* Security means different things to deal with different threats
 - https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.2/topics/security/
 - https://www.owasp.org
 - https://letsencrypt.org/

** "Usual" means everyone uses different bits and pieces but that includes:
 - repository for project code and artefacts
 - tools or scripts for testing or running tests
 - tools or scripts for deploying a tagged release to staging from the repo
 - same for production

*** A duplicate site doesn't necessarily mean duplicate machines. You could have https://www.whatever.com for the production site and https://staging.whatever.com for the  staging site.

That's probably not all but should get you started :)

Mike

thank you!
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:django-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/d44632b5-440b-479b-ad42-f9f979d956f2%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/d44632b5-440b-479b-ad42-f9f979d956f2%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.