I have a Django queryset that I prepare with

queryset.filter(date__gte=datetime(2011,1,1))

If I then call `str(queryset.query)` I see this in the string:

    ... WHERE "App_table"."date" >= 2011-1-1

However, this is invalid SQL code as if I run this in Postgresql I get this
error:

    ... WHERE "App_table"."date" >= 2011-1-1
    ERROR:  operator does not exist: date >= integer
    HINT:  No operator matches the given name and argument type(s). You
might need to add explicit type casts.

Why is this happening and how can I ask Django to output proper SQL code
that I can work on?