I have a requirement to generate a new item each time a like item is
purchased in my marketplace

For example

My system sells 2 items exclusively

When a buyer buys one of the items I need the system to duplicate the item
so that it can be sold in the marketplace again.

This cannot be managed simply by reducing the items inventory.

The system has to create a new item with  a new foreign key that associates
the new item with the buyer and seller then place the new item for sale in
the marketplace