On 12/26/06, Beegee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Perhaps there is a bug in locale.py. Should:
>
> patch_vary_headers(response, ('Accept-Language',))
>
> perhaps be:
>
> patch_vary_headers(response, ('Content-Language',))

I made the change mentioned above. But, it simply does NOT work!
Whenever I enable global caching I can NOT switch between languages
anymore. Only one page is saved in the cache!

I apologize for mixing you up.  The vary header is "the set of
request-header fields that fully determines, while the response is
fresh, whether a cache is permitted to use the response to reply to a
subsequent request without revalidation". (rfc2616, 14.44 Vary)

Which is to say, Accept-Language is the appropriate value to place in
the Vary header, since that is the request-header field we're
interested in varying on, *not* Content-Language.

Even so, have you verified that your browsers are sending
Accept-Language as expected?

Second, are you using mod_python or wsgi?  I'm asking because the
headers django.util.cache.learn_cache_key depends on are expected to
be munged into request.META on round-trip.  I do see that munging
occurring in django.core.handlers.modpython, but not in
django.core.handlers.wsgi.

I haven't tested that here-- I'm not set up for trunk testing or i18n,
but if you're using wsgi, this may be your bug...