I want to rename a model.

>From "BaseSpaceLibraryName" to "LibraryKit"

class *LibraryKit* (models.Model):
    libraryName = models.CharField(max_length=125)
    generatedat = models.DateTimeField(auto_now_add=True)

class Projects(models.Model):
    LibraryKit_id = models.ForeignKey(
            *LibraryKit*,
            on_delete=models.CASCADE , null=True)

When running the makemigrations I confirm that model is renamed,
and I get the following code on the migrations file

# Generated by Django 2.2 on 2019-10-24 20:20

from django.db import migrations, models
import django.db.models.deletion

class Migration(migrations.Migration):

    dependencies = [
        ('wetlab', '0105_auto_20191017_2257'),
    ]

    operations = [
        migrations.RenameModel(
            old_name='BaseSpaceLibraryName',
            new_name='LibraryKit',
        ),
    ]

However when running the migrate command , no SQL commands are created, and
I get this error:
ValueError: The field wetlab.Projects.LibraryKit_id was declared with a
lazy reference to 'wetlab.basespacelibraryname', but app 'wetlab' doesn't
provide model 'basespacelibraryname'.

Even if a "fake" this change, next time  I execute "migrate"  (without any
change in the models) I get the same error.

The only way I solved it, was to make a fake-initial an doing manually
changes on MySQL.

Searching at similar issue at internet, what I get in the migration file is
ok.

So I asking if it is a bug in the code ? Or there is something I am doing
wrong?
I am using the django version 2.2.6

Thanks