Hi Ram,

On 23/11/2019 23.48, Ram wrote:
Hi, I’m running into this blocking issue while setting up Django with MySQL database. I’m pasting here what I tried so far on Ubuntu 18.04 OS.

    |/(vkdev)user@ubuntu-hejjjj:~/testproject$ pip install mysqlclient
    Collecting mysqlclient Using cached

https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/d0/97/7326248ac8d5049968bf4ec708a5d3d4806e412a42e74160d7f266a3e03a/mysqlclient-1.4.6.tar.gz
    Building wheels for collected packages: mysqlclient Building wheel
    for mysqlclient (setup.py) ... error ERROR: Command errored out with
    exit status 1: ....... ....... /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lssl
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcrypto collect2: error: ld returned 1
    exit status error: command 'x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc' failed with exit
    building wheel for mysqlclient Running setup.py clean for
    mysqlclient Failed to build mysqlclient Installing collected
    packages: mysqlclient Running setup.py install for mysqlclient ...
    error ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:/ |

You most likely need the package for openssl. Try installing the libssl package, ie. something like:

# apt install libssl1.1

Hopefully that should do it.

Kind regards,

Kasper Laudrup