Hi Carlos,

If you get to see my email, could you review my plan and let me know
whether my plan works for migration.

1. I have setup new Ubuntu 18.04 server in Digital Ocean droplet
2. Installed Postgress, Django with default settings and empty site, which
means I did not bring/copy over the my Django project files yet
3. My next step is to copy over all the Django project files which are
located in my developer's localhost
4. Once the files are copied to project folder in this new server I will
have to run following commands, but I will not run these because old and
new sites have same database software.
4.1.    (virtual env) ~/myprojectdir/manage.py makemigrations
4.2. (virtual env) ~/myprojectdir/manage.py migrate
4.3. (virtual env) ~/myprojectdir/manage.py collectstatic

5. So I want to start with your steps pointed in your blog
<https://www.calazan.com/migrating-django-app-from-mysql-to-postgresql/>
since I have to start with an empty Postgres database. I'm not sure whether
this will work or not.
6. Hopefully if all the commands are successful, I will run the above
commands.

Please let me know if my plan generally would work? I know you don't have
complete picture, but I'm wondering if you have any thoughts about my use
case?

Thanks,
~Ram