Hi Tech Inject,

On 13/01/2020 07.33, Tech Inject wrote:
I am new at Django.

and I am creating one college project now I need to add some good functionality at the admin panel.

I want to add blog post type features with ajax to auto-save and all.
I want to create data visualization using charts, etc.

Why do you want to add this to the admin panel?

This sounds like something you would do by creating a "normal" django app.

now the problem arises is I am confused about is this possible in the Django default admin panel?

It is definitely possible, but not in the "default" admin panel without customizing it.

if not available then it's good to create a custom admin panel?

No, I don't think a custom admin panel is what you're looking for.

Start by implementing a simple blog. The djangofirls tutorial is often recommended here:

https://tutorial.djangogirls.org/en/

I would suggest you start following that tutorial and implement a simple blog and once you have a good understanding of the basics, you can move on to the more advanced features you mention.

Kind regards,

Kasper Laudrup