On 24/01/2020 3:20 pm, Simon Charette wrote:
If you are using PostgreSQL I'd suggest using a CIText field[0] with a unique
constraint[1].

Surely everyone uses PostgreSQL, no?

That [0] is identical in Django 2.2 and it looks like I should migrate my models.CharField to django.contrib.postgresfield.CICharField

I'm already using [1] in Django 2.2

Thank you Simon you have made my day :-)

Cheers

Mike

If you are *not* using PostgreSQL your best choice is likely to emulate the upcoming expression[3] support for UniqueConstraint(Lower('field')) by using
a RunSQL operation that performs the appropriate DDL assuming your backend
supports it.

Best,
Simon

[0] https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.0/ref/contrib/postgres/fields/#citext-fields