.js files, even if linked in Django templates are not processed by template
engine. To output value from context to file, this file should be an output
from template engine.

You have three ways to solve your problem:
Make your myjs.js file generated by template processor. It’s most difficult and
worst way so I don’t really suggest it, but feel free to experiment. Think
about a view, which outputs js file content instead of html and link to this
view url from your page template
Move js assignment from myjs.js to your template (one in which you link
myjs.js) wrap it in <script> tag and put BEFORE <script> tag which links to
myjs.js
Use json_script template filter in your template and rewrite myjs.js according
to docs:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.0/ref/templates/builtins/#json-script
<https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.0/ref/templates/builtins/#json-script>

I prefer to use second choice for simple values, like string or number and
third for complex objects.

And while you at it, I advice you to wrap {{ name  }} in double or single
quotes, to prevent js error when name is empty string and resulting js-code
looks like var my_name = ; Also look at default and default_if_none template
filters https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.0/ref/templates/builtins/#default