Hi all! I built a chat app without dj channels, but now I’m stuck with
pricing... and just AWS in general. Every time I look up Websockets, I’m told
to use AWS API Gateway. Why? And if so, how would I split my project between
EC2 for website and API Gateway for my mobile users and for chats?

Or am I comparing the wrong things? Is the comparison between gateway and load
balancer?