I highly recommend not using MongoDB. Sure, they can plaster a banner
saying “Google supports us” but many industry leaders have tried and failed
using it. It can’t store data that easily once you grow, making it unlikely
for usage in the future for employment by any startup or corporation and
for any realistic goal of scaling, too.

Use PostgreSQL’s NoSQL style with JSONB (JSONField) if you have to, and, if
you really need to index it, use a GIN index. Postgres is battle tested,
whereas Mongo is battle defeated.

I’d suggest you get to understand SQL vs. NoSQL first. Understand what’s
actually needed as an attribute and what isn’t. Most of the time, what you
think is non relational becomes relational. You can think partitioning and
sharding.

Sometimes you have to use NoSQL like with user profiles in which some
fields aren’t required. Use a JSONField, because I bet the REST of your
data is still relational.

Follow the general rules of why this works out. Not that people don’t use a
full NoSQL db like cassandra, but they use it for different use cases (like
throttling).