I am trying to fetch a few rows from the DB using the following code in my
views.py:

from django.http import HttpResponsefrom django.shortcuts import renderfrom
fusioncharts.models import QRC_DB
def display_data(request,component):
    query_results = QRC_DB.objects.get(component_name__contains=component)
    return HttpResponse("You're looking at the component %s." % component)

For the above, I am getting the following exception:

django.core.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured: The included URLconf
'Piechart_Excel.urls' does not appear to have any patterns in it. If you see
valid patterns in the file then the issue is probably caused by a circular
import.

However whenever I am *removing/commenting out* the below line, the above
exception disappears:

query_results = QRC_DB.objects.get(component_name__contains=component)

Can anyone say what can be going wrong here?

urls.py file under app is as follows:

from django.urls import path from fusioncharts import views urlpatterns
urlpatterns
> = [
> path('push-data/', views.push_data, name='push-data'),
> path('home/', views.home, name='home'),
> path('display_data/<str:component>', views.display_data, name=
> 'display_data'),
> ]

The url under the main project is as follows:

from django.contrib import adminfrom django.urls import path,include

> urlpatterns urlpatterns = [
>     path('admin/', admin.site.urls),
>     path('', include('fusioncharts.urls'))
> ]