Hi,

Another option that has been considered by more and more people is Nginx.
This page it's in polish, but the configuration files are pretty understandable:
http://www.python.rk.edu.pl/w/p/django-pod-serwerem-nginx/
A podcast is here:
http://mx.bw.rulez-forever.com/Django-Nginx-FastCGI-screencast-1024.avi

Nginx is an HTTP server and proxy server that understands FastCGI
natively. It is fairly easy to configure and can serve static files
while redirecting requests to FastCGI instances.

Just an extra option to consider.