You have to use the correct python install:

        python3 -m pip install django

You can test your versions and locations:

        which python3
        which python

        python3 -V
        python -V

When you are running the development server:

        python3 manage.py runserver

You can have multiple python versions installed, you just need to understand which one you are addressing/using.

-- Clive