Alright, anyways, if someone wants to test this, it worked 100% for me,
the updated select_related(). I'm not sure if we're updated with the
latest nightly but ill try to get that done today.

http://dpaste.com/4536/

This replaces django/db/query.py and adds two arguments for
select_related():

depth=N, the recursion depth, by default, infinite, follows any key
where blank isn't True
fields=[], a list of fields, right now only supports fields from the
base table. I'd like to extend this to be able to do
relatedfield__fieldname, as well. if fields is not empty it will change
depth to 1