I think it might be a mistake that Django does not want to serve static
file. Here's what I mean. When I switch to SSL mode (thanks to the
SSLMiddleware by Anotnio Cavedoni), since not the entire page is served
by Django (i.e. some images are from the admin media), so Firefox, for
example does not show a lock at the bottom of the page and the address
bar is not painted in light yellow. To the casual users who are trained
to look for those security indicators on the browsers but do not
understand better, they get paranoid. Because of that, how would anyone
expect Django to be used outside of the newspaper/blog/etc
applications. I hope I'm wrong, meaning I hope there's a solution that
I don't know about. If you know the solution, please share. Thanks