> Better would be to open a ticket at code.djangoproject.com and then take this
> up on django-developers.

Done (ticket #3285), and done. Is that the normal procedure, then, for
contrib apps? The note on the bottom of the contrib add-on page says to
take it up here, which is what I did. However, the "Contributing to
Django" page seems to recommend the same course you did. A little more
consistency there might help people contribute.

Mainly though, I just want to make sure I have the procedure right,
because I have a few other things going for a site I'm working on that
will probably end up as contrib proposals. Considerably larger than a
basic middleware like this. I just want to get it right.

> [But this looks pretty damn good, I've got to say...]
>
> Jacob

Hey, thanks! I have to say, I've taken to Python/Django extremely well
for somebody who worked solely in PHP (and had never seen a line of
Python code!) less than a year ago. :)

-Gulopine