> Any links would be helpful...no need to search for me...just if you
> know anything off the top of your head...my search continues...

You're (part of) the intended audience for the Django book.
http://www.djangobook.com/en/beta/

It's a work in progress, but it's already pretty good.

The MTV overview might be good, in particular.
http://www.djangobook.com/en/beta/chapter05/#cn16

Since you're just learning Python, you'll want to read the Python Tutorial:
http://docs.python.org/tut/

Then you might want to move on to Dive into Python:
http://diveintopython.org/toc/index.html

And you'll want to keep the standard lib docs as well as the book handy:
http://docs.python.org/lib/
http://www.effbot.org/zone/librarybook-index.htm

On the right side of this page, you see more ways to get help:
http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/

IRC is recommended; there are generally newbie-friendly people on
there to give prompt advice.

Welcome.  :)