2scoops of Django is written about version 1.8, we are now on 3.X...It's a
problem with books and tutorials alike.  With books, which are generally
edited and have errata, they just get out of date quickly.  With tutorials,
people build them with mistakes and you have to rely on the community to
help you with those mistakes because the creator has generally moved on.  I
like books but given these problems, I prefer tutorials.  Two guys at Real
Python, Martin Breuss and David Amos, especially Amos, will actually try to
help you.  Cannot beat that.