> I installed Django-0.95, that shouldn't be the problem.

Actually, it may be part of the problem.  0.95 is somewhat old (r3491)
while trunk is at r4308.  (I'm not saying 0.95 is bad, I'm just saying
I haven't looked at 0.95 in a long while, so there may be another
cause for connections being left open.)

> is there a way to test if the connection closes after response
> middleware ?

Honestly, if you can reproduce this under runserver, I'd go hack the
database backend to drop into pdb when the connection is opened.