Reply to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: 2007-01-09, 12:04PM

I am a veteran early stage technology company executive who is starting
a Washington, DC-area based Web 2.0 venture.  Our company will be
providing crowdsourced product ratings and a social network in a large
and well-developed vertical market.  I am seeking a part-time
contractor to advise me on the selection of the best technology,
vendors and/or sub-contractors needed to provide the most appropriate
off-the-shelf programs and/or custom applications needed to create a
working prototype and ultimately to launch the final website.

The kind of technology we will be assembling will range from the
writing of simple macros to the overall administration of the company's
technology infrastructure: the user interfaces and back-end
infrastructure; screen scraping, web crawlers, collaborative filtering
engines, social network applications, etc.  I am not a technologists
per se, but my research and knowledge of the overall project
requirements give me a bias toward open-source solutions and web
frameworks ( e.g. AJAX, Ruby on Rails, Python/Django, etc.) to
facilitate rapid and cost-effective site development.

I am open to working with one person; a combination of several
individuals; or a small firm, depending on who can offer the best
capabilities, work capacity, affordability, and working relationship.
I am looking for smart, ambitious, enthusiastic, energetic, hard
working and pleasant people who want an opportunity to get in on the
ground floor of a new venture.

During the initial product and customer development phases I will be
relying entirely on contractors and outsourcers to minimize my upfront
capital needs.  However, I have secured seed funding sufficient to
sustain the company's low projected burn rate for at least a year,
after which time I will be raising venture capital necessary to
aggressively market and scale this business.

Applicants should send a resume and brief cover letter describing your
qualifications, interests, why you believe you would be a good fit with
this opportunity, and your general compensation expectations relative
to the amount of time you have to devote to this undertaking.

Original URL: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/art/259953655.html